Monday, September 26, 2011

this week's menu - fall is here


The cotton fields behind our house are finally coming into bloom... it means fall is here. It's my favorite time of year. I love the scent of of coolness in the mornings as I head off to work. I love that it means Honeycrisp apples will be in stores soon. I love the oranges, yellows, and reds of the leaves. It's just a beautiful time.

The focus this week is on simple vegetables and healthy proteins. Some weeks are awesome veggie weeks... other times they seem to get lost between the cracks. So I really want to focus on squeezing more veggies in this week.

Also focusing on no grains and no processed sugar. It's amazing how much grain foods and sugar affect me and how long it takes for my body to not crave it after one day of indulgence! One day. I ate quite a few rice chips on Saturday, I also ate 2 mini cupcakes and some coconut milk ice cream that same day. Consequently... on Sunday ALL I wanted was sugar. All I wanted to do was eat. So I ate nuts. I ate kale chips. I definitely ate. But I didn't eat the sugar or the grains.

And today... it's better. I'm not craving the sugar as much as I was yesterday... This definitely makes it clear to me that my body goes crazy on sugar and grains. But when I'm eating proteins, vegetables, fruit, and the occasional sweet potato and/or bowl of honey-sweetened oatmeal... my body is happy. No cravings, I don't feel deprived. I feel like I'm feeding my body well. So here's to eating well this week.

This Week's Dinner: 

Pin It!