Need help figuring out how to start a gluten-free diet?
You're definitely not alone.
Please check out this list of resources for information on how to cook, bake,
eat, shop, and live gluten-free!
This page will be updated regularly with new resources.
The "How to go Gluten-Free" Series from Schar Foods.
These videos were created with the help of Lauren-Lucille Vasser, founder of The Celiac Diva. Lauren-Lucille is a trained actress with a wicked sense of humor and a love of all things gluten-free after learning it was the culprit behind numerous health problems she had experienced for years. Lauren-Lucille continues to work with Schar Foods in creating helpful videos for those new to being gluten-free.
- How To Start A Gluten-Free Life
- How To Go Shopping Gluten-Free
- How To Set Up Your Gluten-Free Kitchen
- How To Prepare Gluten-Free Meals
- How To Dine Out Gluten-Free
- How To Be Gluten-Free When Traveling
- How To Bake Gluten-Free For The Holidays
- How To Have A Gluten-Free Party
- How To Get Properly Diagnosed & Treated For Celiac Disease
The Celiac Disease/ Gluten-Free Videos Project from Cheryl Harris of Harris Whole Health
Cheryl Harris is a registered dietitian with a Master's in Public Health Nutrition. She is also a certified breastfeeding counselor as well as a certified wellness & health coach. Cheryl runs a private counseling practice in Northern, VA. Cheryl is an established & published expert on the gluten-free diet, often consulting with national newspapers and news sources. And due to personal health issues, Cheryl follows a gluten-free diet as well (along with having multiple other food sensitivities.) Cheryl, along with the help of Dr. John Snyder and Dr. Gary Kaplan created this series of videos as a free resource for anyone who needs to learn about what following a gluten-free diet is all about. Cheryl also blogs at Gluten Free Goodness.
- Homepage of the project from Harris Whole Health
- What is Celiac and Who Has it (Part 1) -- With Dr. John Snyder
- Signs and Symptoms of Celiac Disease (Part 2) -- With Dr. John Snyder
- Testing and Diagnosis of Celiac Disease (Part 3) -- With Dr. John Snyder
- Gluten Sensitivity -- With Dr. Gary Kaplan
- What is Gluten and Where is it Found -- With Cheryl Harris
- The Gluten-Free Diet: Common Questions -- With Cheryl Harris
- Gluten-Free Label Reading -- With Cheryl Harris
- The Gluten-Free Diet: Oats & Cross Contamination -- With Cheryl Harris
- The Gluten-Free Diet: Q&A with credits -- With Cheryl Harris
Gluten-Free Beginner Website Guides:
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 -- From celiac.com
- Gluten-Free 101 -- From Heidi of Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom
- Gluten-Free 101 -- From Tempt/Living Harvest
- A guide to whole grains, what's gluten free & what's NOT! -- From Whole Grains Counsel
- Gluten-Free 101: A beginning guide to going gluten-free -- From Triumph Dining
- The Gluten-Free Diet -- From CSA (Celiac Sprue Association)
- The Gluten-Free Diet: What's Allowed & What's Not -- From The Mayo Clinic
- The Gluten-Free Food List: What you CAN eat! -- From About.com
- Gluten-Free Basics -- From Gluten-Free in NC
Gluten-Free Online Printable PDF Guides:
- Discover Gluten-Free -- From Tree of Life company
- Gluten-Free Diet Basics -- From the Greater New Haven Celiac Group
- Info Sheet on the Gluten-Free Diet -- From Mass General Hospital
- Info Sheet on the Gluten-Free Diet -- From CeliacCentral
- Gluten-Free Diet Guide for Families -- From Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation
- Whole Grains & the Gluten-Free Diet -- From Carol Fenster
- Article: Kids and the Celiac Diet -- From Practical Gastroenterology
- Starting the Gluten-Free Diet -- From The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG)
- Gluten-Free Made Easy -- From Diane Sanfilippo of Balanced Bites
- Gluten-Free Beginner Tip Sheets (Printable) -- From Gluten-Free Easily
Gluten-Free Beginner Tips for Cooking & Baking:
- Cooking & Baking Gluten-Free -- From Gluten-Free Goddess, Karina Allrich
- Gluten-Free Flours 101 -- From Gingerlemongirl.com
- Lessons & Tips for Gluten-Free Bread Baking -- From Gingerlemongirl.com