We kept my nephew over the past week, so our menu was very different from normal. One of the first meals we had was roast beef, broccoli, and macaroni & cheese -- which was requested specifically by the kid! We also ate an almond flour pizza one night, Chick-Fil-A one night, and LOTS of ham sandwiches! :-) It was a really nice week and I was a bit sad to see him go. I'm already looking forward to him coming next summer to visit.
I relied on my slow cookers again to make a few meals yesterday. I made a chicken pot pie (totally in awe that it worked so well!) and I made a pork and apples dish. I also made a healthy pumpkin custard/crustless pumpkin pie in the slow cooker overnight for breakfasts this week.
Breakfasts & Snacks This Week:
- crustless pumpkin pie with a granola topping
- raw almonds and/or mixed nuts
- fruit & protein smoothies or chocolate hemp shakes
- boiled eggs
- ham rollups
- ants on a log
- rice cakes with peanut butter
Lunches This Week:
- ham sandwiches with veggies & dip
Dinners This Week:
|Photo from Food Network, but this is exactly what my chicken pot pie looked like out of the slow cooker!|
I used Gluten Free Bisquick, it worked great! You could also use Homemade Master Mix!
- Monday: Stephanie O'Dea's Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- Tuesday: Pork with Apples, Onions, and Sweet Potatoes (made in the slow cooker: layered ingredients and cooked on high for 4 hours)
- Wednesday: Gluten Free Sandwich Night (using Udi's Millet Chia Bread -- love it!) + apple slices and raw veggies with dip
- Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner: scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and gluten free toast
- Friday: Quick Chicken Stirfry with brown rice
- Saturday: Out of Town -- eating Chicken Kabobs at Ms. Betty's house
- Sunday: Homemade Spaghetti Sauce & gluten free noodles with salad
- Monday: Baseball game with the IL's for July 4th! Will pack a dinner of gluten free hotdogs & snacks!