Monday, February 4, 2008

This Week's Menu (February 4th - 8th) and I've been tagged


Mollie who is the queen bee around here, sticks her tongue out at us frequently.
I can't decide if she's making fun of us or not!


My ode to chicken...

Dear chicken,

I have missed you. I missed you the whole entire month of January. I am so glad we can eat you again. I don't think I could ever give you up for good. As much as my mind would like to become a vegetarian, and as much as I do enjoy tofu now that I've learned how to cook it... I still love you chicken.

I missed you more than sugar. I missed you more than milk. I missed you more than red meats (which I think I can truly live without), I missed you more than pizza... yes, I did. Thank you for being healthy, super easy to fix, low in calories, and high in protein. I just wish you were cheaper and that the Piggly Wiggly stocked organic, free-range, and vegetarian-fed versions of you. Oh well. I still love you chicken.

Sincerely from your biggest fan,
Ginger Lemon Girl



Gluten Free Menu Swap Monday




This Week's Menu:


Monday:
Leftover Superbowl Appetizers and Snacks



Tuesday:
Roast Chicken (YAY! -- My Favorite!!)
Baked Potatoes
Green Beans or Aunt Linda's Broccoli Puff



Wednesday:
Aimee's Polenta Spinach Lasagna
Green Leaf Salad
Granny Smith Apple Slices with Caramel



Thursday:
Chicken Pot Pie



Friday:
Sea's Delicious Peanut Tofu Stir Fry
With Coconut Millet



Breakfasts and Desserts:
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies (made 3 batches because my great-grandma wrote me and said she wanted a batch!)
Ginger Lemon Muffins
Sara's Baked Oatmeal
Elizabeth Barbone's Sandwich Bread



*******************



Maya's new favorite place to hang out... the bathroom sink.


I've finally been tagged!

Maybe it's a mere coincidence that in 7 months of blogging I have not been "tagged" until now! You haven't either?

Well here is how it works: I am supposed to list 7 random things about myself, post the rules, link back to the person who tagged me and then tag 7 more unsuspecting
bloggers. Here’s the rules: 1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. 3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. 4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


I was tagged by Carol at Simply... Gluten Free. Thanks Carol! Check out her excellent gluten free blog! This girl was an extra in "Raising Arizona!" How cool is that!


7 Random Things You Never Needed to Know about Ginger Lemon Girl:

  1. In 11th grade, I co-anchored a news program for our local high school... (boy, those were the days! Right John and Amy!) The other anchor of the news program is now a professional weatherman... and I'm writing a food blog on the side! ;-P
  2. The first cake I ever made was a carrot cake. I cut my finger shredding the carrots. I haven't made a carrot cake since. Maybe it's time.
  3. I'm addicted to books. I usually read 2-3 books a week... and that's not counting all those cookbooks I glance through on a daily basis! My personal favorite books are classic young adult books like the "Little House on the Prairie" series and the "Anne of Green Gables" series.
  4. My favorite ice-cream is plain ol' vanilla with lots of cinnamon sprinkled on top.
  5. I have really bad "test" anxiety. After failing the written portion of my driver's license test twice, I was determined that I would have a personal cab the rest of my life. My dad didn't like that suggestion. I passed on the 3rd try.
  6. Michael and I got married barefoot on the beach, in gorgeous weather during the month of October, in an unrehearsed ceremony. I'll never regret not having a traditional wedding!
  7. I have lots of freckles and very light skin. When I was little my nickname was Strawberry Shortcake.

Don't you feel like a more well-rounded person for knowing all this? Okay, now it's my turn...

I am tagging:

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'm excited to check out your recipes...I'm always looking for new ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie, thanks for playing! As an event planner I do lots of weddings and believe me I think you and your hubby did it the BEST way. That may not be good for my business but I believe that the marriage is more important than the wedding and some people get SO stressed by the big fat wedding.
    xo,
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look AWESOME! Thank you so much for having the recipes available too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be fun! And I expected to see chicken every night on your menu! I never got to a menu. Too much football. We are having leftover tonight also :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well after 1.5 years of blogging I have never been tagged until today, so thank you! I am honored. Now to think of random thoughts....
    Chicken! Try pounding out some breasts, lining them with things like spinach and cheese, roll them up (tie them up too) and dip in egg wash, then roll in almond meal and parm mixed together. Sautee til brown and bake til cooked. It might be my favorite way to chicken nirvana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, I've been tagged. Here's a link to my tag.

    http://glutenfreesteve.wordpress.com/2007/08/28/8-random-thoughts-i-have-to-report-them-kate-tagged-me/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That broccoli puff looks really intriguing- I'll have to give it a try. And this is in response to that post, really, but I love smoked paprika. I also like chipotle pepper powder (smoked jalapenos), with a similar smoky flavor but have to be light with it or DH complains. haha.

    That Polenta lasagna looks cool, too. I've been thinking I need to branch out with my lasagnas... try polenta, or zucchini pasta, or SOMETHING. I'll have to think about it for next week...

    Coconut millet sounds really tasty! As does the tofu, mmm... Lol, oops, guess I'm not supposed to brag my own recipe up but I haven't had tofu in ages and I'm dying for some.

    Anyway, have a great week!

    -Sea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good menu, love the note to the chicken, and you know I am right there with you with roasted chicken. YUM!

    I don't have time to post for the next couple of days..but I will respond to your meme when I get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie! We have another bond -- your cat's name is Mollie -- my MOM's name was Mollie -- spelled that way!

    I love it when I have friends with pets named after my Mom -- even when they don't know it. Love ya!
    Even if I am allergic to cats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cats!
    And boy do I love chicken. (So do MY cats...)
    Your blog really IS excellent!
    alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopped in to say I have some bling on my blog for you.
    TM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have given up all things gluten, beef, regular sodas, sweet tea, coffeemate (yeah, I know, but I love it in my coffee). If I had to give up chicken, I would be very unhappy. I could eat chicken 7 days a week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Gingerlemongirl.com. I appreciate your comments, ideas, stories, and feedback!

To send me recipes to try or for gluten free baking help, feel free to email me at gingerlemongirl (at) gmail (dot) com.

Sincerely,
Carrie

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs