Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Product Review: Hodgson's Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mix


Product: Hodgson's Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mix
Company: Hodgson Mill Inc.
Location: All products made in USA
Self-purchased or Company Sample: Self-purchased

I don't keep a lot of gluten-free mixes in my kitchen. I like making things from scratch and brownies are no exception. However a few weeks ago I found this brownie mix from Hodgson's Mill and it was very reasonably priced (a little over $4.00 I think?) so I thought I'd try it out.

Last night was the perfect opportunity. Because is there ever a bad opportunity to make brownies? :-)

The mix called for 1/2 cup of butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 egg, and water. To save a few calories, I used 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce (instead of butter) and added about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. I mixed as directed and then decided to put the mix into cupcake liners to make individual servings.




On top of each brownie "cupcake" I added  a small sprinkling of chocolate chips and 2 pecan halves. I baked them for about 18 minutes and voila... some really cute & delicious brownie cupcakes!

Michael and I really enjoyed these. They were chewy and cakey at the same time. SUPER chocolately and rich... definitely a match for any chocolate craving!

This is a gluten-free baking mix I think I definitely plan to keep in the pantry for a quick dessert!
Pin It!