I've been trying to make more grain-free main meals, but sometimes it's been hard to find new ideas. I'd love to know your favorite non-grain based gluten free meal ideas! Over the weekend I made homemade amish apple butter in the slow cooker (for the cookbook!)... along with a delicious vegetable beef stew with big 'ol southern lima beans.
I'm also tempted to make a batch of this fish stew from Simply Recipes for lunches and/or additional breakfasts this week. My husband is not a fan of anything with fish, but I love it!
- Monday -- Sauteed zucchini with chicken with olives and tomatoes
- Tuesday -- Slow cooker roast beef with root vegetables
- Wednesday -- Leftover vegetable beef soup
- Thursday -- Cheryl's Nightshade Stew (this is so easy and delicious, it's become a nearly weekly staple!) made with ground turkey
- Friday -- Ham and "cheese" omelets with kale or spinach
- Saturday -- Skillet (leftover) beef & broccoli with baked sweet potatoes
Lunch is leftovers, along with 3 prepared meals made from italian turkey sausage slow cooked with diced tomatoes, green beans, and italian seasoning.
Breakfast is chocolate hemp shakes, baked egg cups (this is SO much easier than peeling boiled eggs! We "lined" the muffins with sandwich turkey, and used daiya cheese!), and lemon poppyseed almond flour muffins.
What are you having this week?