Monday, August 1, 2011

This Week's Menu with my first exercise plan


Had a great conversation with my nutritionist, Cheryl on Sunday morning. I shared that it can really be a challenge for me to fit in menu planning (and following it) ALONG with exercise into my daily routine and to do them both WELL. Cheryl suggested that maybe I should come up with an exercise plan along with my meal plan. That made a lot of sense to me. So my goals this week are to follow both plans as well as I can.

Our meals this week, like always, are simple. I don't have time to be a "chef" and fuss over fancy meals. I think that is why using the slow cooker really appeals to me. I love the idea you can toss ingredients into a pot, turn it on and 4-8 hours later there's a meal ready! No mess, no hassle, no fuss.

I'm hoping to make a "baked oatmeal" casserole in the slow cooker when I get home this afternoon so that I can have a ready made breakfast the rest of the week. I haven't had much success in making oatmeal dishes over night in the slow cooker (they always become a soggy, gooey, burned mess!) -- but I can throw something in to cook for two hours without any problems! :-)  Lunches this week (as always) are leftovers, sandwiches & fruit, or soup made in the slow cooker.

This Week's Snacks & Breakfast:
  • chocolate hemp shakes
  • baked oatmeal
  • boiled eggs
  • steamed veggies with rice
  • celery with peanut butter or almond butter
  • rice cakes with peanut butter or almond butter
  • mixed nuts
This Week's Menu:
  • Sunday - slow cooker rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, and steamed broccoli
  • Monday - Heather's Chili (leftover from freezer)
  • Tuesday - GF sandwiches (GF support group meeting tonight!)
  • Wednesday - Salads with grilled chicken -OR- out to eat with our nephew
  • Thursday - Breakfast for dinner (gluten free pancakes or toast, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, fruit)
  • Friday - Red & Ready Spaghetti with steamed broccoli or green beans
  • Saturday - Slow cooker beef stew

This Week's Workout Schedule: 
GOAL this week -- work out at LEAST 3 times, and if all goes well, 5 times. 
  • Monday - 45 minutes cardio = 15 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes ARC trainer, 10 minutes recumbent bike, 5 minutes row machine
  • Tuesday - 45 minutes -- 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone video
  • Wednesday - 45 minute water aerobics class
  • Thursday - 60 minute workout with trainer
  • Saturday - 1-2 hour outdoor walk and/or 45 minute Leslie Sansone video

Pin It!