Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A frugal gluten free gift idea

Here's a super easy & frugal gift idea for you.

For Father's Day I decided to give my Dad a bunch of my homemade gluten free chocolate chip cookies. It may seem silly since he doesn't follow a gluten free diet himself... but he loves these cookies! Why not make a gift out of them? I also gave him a jar of homemade pickles I canned last summer and some of my favorite cooking seasoning.

I found an old tin that I was about to recycle and I colored a label on white paper with cookies on it. I glued the label to the tin. Taped an additional label on top and made a batch of my gluten free chocolate chip cookies. I made the cookies super small -- bite size really -- so the whole batch would fit in the tin without being smashed or broken. It worked great.

Michael and I also made homemade cards to go along with all the other homemade treats and I think for my Dad it was one of the best gifts I had ever given him.

So when you can't think of anything to give, or if you need to give someone a gift but don't have a lot of money to spend... make a batch of bite-size gluten free cookies! The people you love will be so impressed at how much time & thought you put into their homemade gift.

What are your favorite types of frugal, homemade gifts?
Pin It!


  1. Perfect idea! And those cookies look yummy!

  2. Chocolate chip cookies baked with love...nothing could be more perfect!

  3. I like to put together all the dry ingredients for some yummy chocolate pecan cookies, put it in a pretty jar, and tie a ribbon around it with a tag explaining what other ingredients they'll need (eggs, butter) and how to make them! Then, once they're cooked, they can go back into their cookie jar :) I really love your idea of decorating the cookie tin though, it looks so cute!

  4. I like to gift my BBQ rub, home canned dill pickles, a chili garlic relish that I make, and a number of other quick and easy food gifts.