Monday, June 6, 2011

This Week's Menu - Retro Microwave & Slow Cooker Meals!




Great weekend at home, great session with my nutrionista of awesomeness (Cheryl Harris), and a great day of meal prepping on Sunday!You can't ask for a better weekend than that!

It was a big weekend for my slow cookers, I made three separate recipes: a breakfast casserole on Saturday night (ready for Sunday morning), and then on Sunday evening: a beef roast with veggies and a sweet potato & apple side dish! The best reason for using the slow cooker this time of year is to save your whole house from heating up, and it's the whole "fix it and forget it" concept. I love that!

This week my focus is getting back into my Monday-Friday routine of meal planning & exercise! Traveling, family emergencies, and having time off really threw me for a loop last week! I really enjoyed my time off of work... but it's amazing how much it changes your routine!

Last night I made the week easier by preparing a few recipes ahead of time:

  • Made ground beef taco filling for Monday (along with prepping all taco toppings)
  • Made meatloaf for Wednesday
  • Made fruit-sweetened almond flour muffins for breakfasts
  • Made a loaf of gluten free bread 
  • Prepared breakfasts & lunches for two days and placed them in the fridge in my easy lunch boxes

Breakfasts & Snacks This Week:  fruit-sweetened almond four muffins, berry hemp shakes, rice cakes w/ almond butter, fresh blueberries & raw almonds, leftover slow cooker breakfast casserole (Check out my facebook page for recipe ideas on slow cooker breakfast casseroles or try Stephanie O'Dea's recipe!)

Lunches This Week: Leftovers from dinner taken in my favorite Easy Lunch Boxes (nope, they don't pay me a dime & they didn't even send me a sample, I just bought them & fell in love!)

Dinners This Week: 
  • Sunday: Slow Cooker Roast Beef (used recipe for "Perfect Beef Roast" from Jaime Oliver's 2009 cookbook, "Jamie's Food Revolution" -- pg.192 and cooked it on low for 6 hours.) served with steamed broccoli & mashed sweet potatoes
  • Monday: Ground Beef Tacos (taco salad for me) with lettuce, tomatoes, corn tortillas, and black beans. 
  • Tuesday: GF Sandwich or Panini night -- Gluten Free Support Group Meeting!!  
  • Wednesday: Microwave Meatloaf with peas & carrots. 
  • Thursday:  Quick Chicken & Veggie Stirfry using frozen veggies & chicken, served on quinoa for me, brown rice for hubs.
  • Friday: Breakfast for Dinner: Scrambled Eggs, Turkey Bacon, fruit sweetened almond flour muffins and blueberries
  • Saturday: Gluten Free Cookout with our GF Support Group! Bringing Udi's hotdog & hamburger buns for everybody! 
************

Check out more awesome gluten free meal plans this week at Cheryl Harris' Gluten Free Goodness, the theme of the week is "simple meals!" I'm not sure I make anything BUT simple meals! :-) 

And for amazing meal plans of all kinds, please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie


Pin It!