So my main goal for last week was to make it to the gym at least 3 times. And what do they say about the best laid plans? Yeah. It didn't happen. All for good reasons though! We had an extremely busy week and the meals we made ahead of time were SO incredibly helpful! We had several events with our local gluten free support group, we had volunteer activities that were scheduled, and I worked with a local journalist (Janelle Clevinger, a freelance writer for the Wilson Daily Times) who's writing a story about my blog and our Wilson Gluten Free Support Group! It was an exciting week!
|Janelle's daughter Emily helping me make gluten free chocolate chip cookies.|
So the focus this week is to get back to the gym with some regularity. And to be honest, I've actually missed it. There's a huge sense of accomplishment after a good workout. I like that feeling.
For our meals this week I'm still having a love affair with the slow cooker. It's just so easy to make at least two meals on Sunday that can cook in the crock and I can completely ignore them. It's easier for me to use my slow cooker on the weekends, because I'm actually away from home too long during the week -- because trust me you CAN burn stuff in the slow cooker... and it's wicked hard to get rid of that scent in the kitchen for a week! So I'm a weekend slow cooker girl... even in the summer because it means I don't have to turn on the oven!
Breakfasts & Snacks This Week:
- Boiled eggs, berry hemp shakes, apples with almond butter, fresh blueberries with mixed nuts or almonds, leftover blueberry almond scones, orange slices, rice cakes with dark chocolate peanut butter
- Planned leftovers packed in my favorite Easy Lunch Boxes.
- Sunday = Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken with a simple romaine salad
- Monday = Sauteed Kale with mushrooms served with a "fried" egg on top and turkey bacon
- Tuesday = Crockpot White Chili with added chicken
- Wednesday = Tuna Loaf (you're jealous aren't you!) with steamed broccoli & carrots
- Thursday = Leftovers, Cereal, or Breakfast for Dinner
- Friday = GF Spaghetti with homemade spaghetti sauce
- Saturday = Pork Chops with baked sweet potatoes and green beans
For more awesome gluten free menus please visit Angela's Kitchen for this week's roundup.
And for hundreds of menus of ALL kinds, please visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie.