This weekend was very busy! We ran errands on Saturday, my husband got a new lawn mower (aka... a new TOY), and I made an impromptu dinner & dessert for my in-laws. Sunday we spent the entire day in the yard planting our first small garden of: tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, zucchini, and pie pumpkins. We also planted some herbs alongside the veggies: oregano, thyme, basil, lemon balm, stevia, and lavendar.
Because I was outside all day on Sunday I wasn't able to prepare foods ahead of time this week. I'll be doing some additional prep work on Monday & Wednesday nights if I can... but the crock pot will hopefully save me a lot of time this week. I'm using the crock pot on Sunday night to prepare "Posole" -- a mexican hominy, green chilies, and pork stew. On Wednesday morning I'll set up the crock pot with ingredients to make black bean soup so it's ready by the time I get home. Black beans are great in the crock pot because they can stand up to being cooked for long periods of time.
I want to shout-out a HUGE thanks to my friends on the Gingerlemongirl facebook page who helped me come up with last-minute, quick, easy homemade meals for this week!
The theme of the gluten free menu swap this week is "corn" which we'll be having in Posole -- which contains hominy -- corn/maize that has been cooked in a special way to have a unique taste and texture!
Breakfasts/Snacks This Week: Berry Hemp Shakes, Boiled Eggs (make on Monday night), Udi's Granola + almond milk, raw almonds and/or mixed nuts, Chocolate Almond flour muffins (Make on Monday or Wednesday night), baby carrots and/or apple slices with natural peanut butter
Lunches This Week: leftovers -- hopefully there will be plenty!!
Dinners this Week:
- Monday: Crockpot Posole (made overnight on Sunday -- to reheat Monday night)
- Tuesday: Angel Food Gluten Free "Chicken Tenders" with steamed broccoli & carrots
- Wednesday: Stephanie's Crockpot Black Bean Soup (put in the crock before work!)
- Thursday: Scrambled Eggs, Baked Oatmeal (make on Wednesday night), Fruit Salad (make Wednesday night)
- Friday: Traveling -- hubs will make dinner to take on the road with us: Turkey & Avocado sandwiches on Rudi's Whole Grain Bread, bananas, mixed nuts, chocolate almond flour muffins (make on Wednesday night -- will hopefully post recipe soon!)
- Saturday & Sunday: Staying with extended family, but will bring GF Master Baking Mix, a loaf of Rudi's Whole Grain Bread, raw almonds, bananas, chocolate almond muffins (will post recipe soon!)
For more gluten free meal plans please visit Heather at Celiac Family.
For hundreds of meal plans of all types, please visit Laura's "I'm an Organizing Junkie."