Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gluten Free Review: Rudi's Gluten Free Bread


I've been meaning to write a review on Rudi's bread since last summer. I'm a little behind! Rudi's Organic Bakery is a small company that started in Boulder Co.,  nearly 35 years ago back in 1976. Their passion has always been to bake healthy, delicious breads without artificial ingredients, preservatives, or chemicals. 

"For years, people have been asking us to bake gluten-free breads that are as delicious and wholesome as our organic breads. In fact, it was the one request we seemed to be getting over any other. So, two years ago, we started on our gluten-free journey.
After trying nearly every gluten-free bread on the market, and talking to over a hundred gluten-free consumers, we quickly discovered it was nearly impossible to find gluten-free bread that tasted good straight from the package and that was easy to make sandwiches with.  As bakers who enjoy creating high quality, delicious breads, we immediately understood the desire of our new friends with celiac disease or gluten intolerances to enjoy the simple pleasure of a piece of toast with breakfast or a sandwich for lunch.  It became our mission to make gluten-free bread with the taste, look and feel of regular bread."
Rudi's professional bakers then spent two years working on a formula for healthy, wholesome, and GOOD tasting gluten free bread! They worked with hundreds of consumers and taste testers to finally come up with the gluten free bread, buns, and pizza crust they sell today! (You can find retailers for Rudi's products here: http://www.rudisglutenfree.com/where-to-buy/
I personally am a HUGE fan of Rudi's gluten free bread. I have been for several years and here is why: For one: YES, it tastes great! It is better toasted, especially if it is close to the sell-by date. (As with all gluten free breads, the more fresh it is, the better it is!) But more than anything, Rudi's bread is made with REAL ingredients that I can not only pronounce and understand, but that I can find in my own kitchen. I know what Rudi's puts into their bread and I love how natural it is. 
My favorite is the multi-grain bread. Below are the nutrition facts: 

Here are the ingredients for Rudi's Multigrain Bread: 
"Water, potato extract, rice starch, rice flour, sorghum flour, organic high oleic sunflower/safflower oil, organic evaporated cane juice, organic honey, egg whites, organic inulin, yeast, sea salt, xanthan gum, organic cornmeal, organic sunflower seeds, organic millet, organic flaxseed, organic molasses."
What I love about this bread is that nearly all those ingredients are already at home in my kitchen.  They are ingredients I use in my own gluten free bread baking and Rudi's tastes like homemade bread to me.

Rudi's also has seriously awesome customer service. This company was kind enough to send over 20 loaves of bread to my gluten free support group for tasting. Each member of my support group got to take home a WHOLE loaf of bread to try! How generous is that?

And right now Rudi's is having a really cool recipe contest with their products! You can find all the details & enter to win via their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/rudisglutenfreebakery?sk=app_203943816295148. You will have a chance to star in Rudi's online cooking show AND win a trip to Boulder, Co. AND $500 cash...and there are TONS of second & third prizes for those who do not win the top prize!

I really hope you'll give Rudi's gluten free breads, buns, and pizza crusts a try! I can't wait to see what products you love and what recipes you come up with!

***********
Product Review Disclosure Notice:
Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery provided me with a  free sample loaf of bread to try for a review. I was not paid for this review. I was already a fan of Rudi's products and therefore they did not influence my review in any way, shape, or form. 

Pin It!