Monday, June 30, 2008

Hawaiian Pizza - Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten Free, June 2008



Look good? I thought so too. We love pizza in the Ginger Lemon Girl household. We make pizza at least once every two weeks.

This pizza is actually my entry for this month's "Go Ahead Honey! It's Gluten Free!" The theme this month is one pot/pan meals. Kid-friendly if possible. And yes, today is the deadline for this month. No, of course I'm not behind in posting! (ha!)

I realize that many people do not consider pizza an entire meal. And having a good side salad never hurts, but I'm all for pizza being an all-in-one. You have lots of veggies, cheese, sometimes meat, and seriously yummy GF bread crust. Sounds totally healthy to me. :-) What else do you need??

Here is my personal favorite pizza. It's not really a recipe since I "borrowed" several other recipes in making it, but I still think everybody needs to try a Hawaiian pizza! Enjoy!



Gluten Free Hawaiian Pizza


1 gluten free pizza crust, such as Natalie's, or Carol Fenster's
1 recipe gluten free pizza sauce, such as Carol Fenster's
1 package Canadian bacon pizza slices (I used Hormel's)
1/2 large green pepper, diced
1 (10 oz.) can of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Make pizza crust as directed. Let rise as directed and then bake crust at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Let cool slightly. Spread pizza sauce onto crust evenly. Layer with Canadian bacon slices, then pineapple tidbits, diced green peppers. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Let pizza cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!!





The roundup for this month will be posted later today, 6-30-08!
Check back soon!


Pin It!