Monday, December 31, 2007

One Last Holiday Treat...



What a wonderful year it has been!


Michael and I had a great week spending time with our families and sharing the holidays together. I actually did very little cooking and baking over the holidays. I think I had a cooking "block" of sorts... or maybe I just needed a break! Either way, I enjoyed my time off from posting, cooking, and working, but I'm glad to be getting back into my daily routine.




As much as I LOVE time off, I'm very much a creature of habit. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself when I have so much time off! (Can you tell we don't have kids yet? I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem if we had kids! LOL)



You have no idea how hard it was to get this picture!
And they only lasted that long for about 15 seconds!!



Lots of new features will be coming to www.gingerlemongirl.com in 2008!!!

Please stay tuned for wonderful new recipes and photos, interviews with food bloggin' folks you know and love, more of those fun photo contests, and a few special surprises just for you!





********


Janurary 2008 will be a gluten-free, SUGAR-free, and mostly vegetarian month of eating at the Ginger Lemon Girl household.
I hope you'll join us for a
Sugar Free January.


This is the 2nd year Michael and I have engaged in an eating plan like this to cleanse ourselves after 2 months of crazy holiday indulgence! I actually am truly looking forward to this time!

Every January, Michael and I set goals for our coming year: financial goals, health goals, marriage goals, etc... and we spend the month taking good care of our bodies getting in gear for a new healthful and frugal year. Soon I will post our eating plan for this month if you would like to join us in our healthy start to the new year. As usual, I will continue to list our weekly menu plans on Mondays with the Gluten-Free Menu Swap.



********


For a farewell to 2007, I will leave you with one last sweet treat!

I created this last night with some extra Cream Cheese Meltaways cookie dough I had on hand in the refrigerator. I love this cookie dough! I can't wait to use it again next year, and throughout the year for "special occasion" cookies!!


Michael gave these cookie bars 2 thumbs up! They are rich and delicious and we'll be eating them tonight at my mom-in-law's annual New Year's Eve party! You can substitute ANY gluten-free roll-out cookie dough for the base of these bars! Have fun!




Rich Chocolate PB Cookie Bars
  • 6 oz. (gluten-free) semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 2-6 Tbsp. milk
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
  • 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a medium sized jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. With fingers, press cookie dough out to fully cover the parchment lined pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges of dough are lightly browned. While baking cookie dough, melt chocolate chips and butter in a double broiler, or in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. When chocolate chips and butter are fully melted take off of heat and add milk slowly until chocolate is smooth and has a glazing consistancy. Place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute until peanut butter has melted. Pour peanut butter over baked cookie dough and spread evenly over dough with a spatula. Drizzle melted chocolate over peanut butter. Add chopped peanuts and confectioners sugar decoratively over melted chocolate if desired! Cool in refridgerator for 30 minutes to let chocolate set, and cut into squares before serving!

For a printer friendly version, click here.


Pin It!