Wednesday, January 2, 2013

new year, new you, canned beef stew...


Because today started out with a migraine... day two (no headache remedy tips necessary, trust me, I've tried them all).

Because it wasn't gluten. Really, it wasn't. It was just a migraine.

Means I didn't pack lunch for my first day back at work. But I had these little Hormel Beef Stew containers in my desk drawer at lunch.

And they are gluten-free. Yes. They really are. I called the company. Ignore the sodium content, you don't want to know.


You're Welcome Tip: Make sure to heat the stew up in A LARGER container in the microwave, like my favorite multi-use pottery bowl/mug and cover with a paper towel.

Otherwise the small container will explode (my guess as to why they sold it at the dollar store) and you'll have to clean that up. At work. And it WILL smell up your office ALL day long.

But really, it's a pretty decent lunch for 150 gluten-free calories.

Thanks Dinty Moore beef stew (in a different container)... I don't get it either... just go with it.

I KNOW... I'll have a green smoothie when I get home to make up for it... but really gluten-free convenience, especially when you have a migraine is pretty awesome stuff.


Pin It!