Monday, May 28, 2012

Gluten-Free Weekly Menu -- Memorial Day


It's Memorial Day Weekend and grills are firing up all over the US! However as most of you know, we're not big grillers around here. The old charcoal grill just doesn't get fired up around this little castle...

But that doesn't mean I can't make some killer barbecue ribs in the slow cooker. Slow cookers are speaking my language! Make sure to check back tomorrow for a classic barbecue spareribs recipe!

I'm actually carrying over several meals from last week to this week. We just ended up being way more busy than we planned last week.

Next weekend is the Charlotte NC Gluten-Free Expo 2012, so I have a lot of prep work to do including  making about 500-600 gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. My husband will be helping me pass out cookie samples, along with selling printed versions of my gluten-free baking 101 cookbook!I also hope to meet lots of gluten-free folks in the western part of North Carolina.  If you're in the Charlotte NC area, I hope you'll swing by the Gluten Free Expo next Saturday!

This Week's Menu

  • Sunday -- Raid the fridge night (GF sandwiches, homemade chicken salad with carrot chips!)
  • Monday -- Slow cooked barbecue spare ribs (recipe will be posted tomorrow!) with fresh sweet corn and homemade caesar salad
  • Tuesday -- Gluten-free pizza with turkey pepperoni, green pepper, mushrooms, ground beef, and daiya cheese.
  • Wednesday -- Breakfast for dinner: scrambled eggs, local sausage, cooked apples
  • Thursday -- Mexican ground turkey stuffed green peppers (minus the corn in the recipe!) with sauteed zucchini
  • Friday -- Gluten-free on the road


Pin It!