Friday, January 14, 2011

Gluten Free 2-Ingredient Fudge Sauce Recipe


One of my favorite blogs of all time is "Heather Eats Almond Butter." If you're not a fan you should be! Heather's blog is fun and full of simple, easy recipes and she just had a lovely little daughter.

Heather lost weight several years ago and even after having a baby has maintained a healthy weight. She eats almond butter... among other healthy things!

One of the struggles I've had is that I really love healthy fats! Natural almond butter, peanut butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc.. you name it and I really love it!

Part of my problem was that I was simply eating too much of it... you can have TOO much of a good thing! Too much of a healthy food!

So if you decide to make this "healthy", dairy free, gluten free chocolate sauce... make sure to keep your portion in check! 1 tablespoon has about 55 calories... and 1 tablespoon is just enough of a treat to add to my morning bowl of 1/2 cup of gluten free cooked rolled oats!

This "not really a recipe" was sort of an accident. Heather, of the above mentioned blog, had a post on a 2 ingredient fudge that she made. She used coconut milk and baking chocolate. BUT... being the "ADD, prone to not paying attention" kind of girl that I am. I didn't fully read the directions. She used 16 oz. of baking chocolate. My chocolate bar was only 4 oz. And therefore, I ended up with a lovely & decadent chocolate SAUCE, rather than a fully formed fudge! And really after figuring out the calories on this delicious concoction... I'm glad I only used 4 oz of chocolate! lol!!

This is not a really sweet fudge sauce since we don't add any sugar, but it's so creamy, rich and delicious! Enjoy!

Gluten Free 2-Ingredient Fudge Sauce Recipe
free of gluten, dairy/casein, and soy protein (the chocolate does contain soy lecithin)
makes about 1 1/2 cups of chocolate sauce
that's about 24 tablespoons at roughly 55 calories per tablespoon - so use it sparingly!

1 (12 oz.) can of full fat coconut milk - Native Forest is my fav brand - No sulfites
4 oz. dairy free chocolate - I used 4 oz. of  Lindz 70% chocolate bars

Directions:
Melt the chocolate bar over low heat in a small saucepan. Add the coconut milk and stir consistantly for about 3-4 minutes until the sauce is slowly simmering and is a deep chocolate color. Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. The sauce will be thick enough to hold a spoon upright in the container. Makes 24 servings!  Add a tablespoon to your oatmeal, your ice cream! Enjoy as a treat!
Pin It!