Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Gluten-Free Products at ALDI Grocery Stores


I first visited an ALDI grocery store after I had graduated from college and was living in my tiny little first apartment. It was perfect for me because I was BROKE and I needed affordable groceries. I lived off canned and boxed foods at the time and ALDI was a perfect fit. Tons of cans of vegetables for less than .40 a can, I made a lot of vegetable soups and had lots of canned fruits along with rice, pasta, and even fresh veggies for incredibly good prices. ALDI was a lifesaver for me, especially when my budget incredibly limited before I was married.

I stopped frequently shopping at ALDI when I went gluten-free in 2007 mainly because they didn't offer many gluten-free items other than naturally gluten-free foods.

HOWEVER, I found out this week that for a LIMITED time ALDI will now be selling an incredibly diverse line of gluten-free products. The supply is limited and you should probably run out and grab these items before they are gone. IF you really enjoy the products, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to ALDI'S website and leave them a message saying you'd LOVE to have these products available ALL the time. I get the feeling that many of these products are name brands we pay big bucks for in a regular grocery store.

Over the next two weeks I hope to test out these products I picked up on Monday night to let you know what I think of them and how they worked out. If you try any of the products I didn't pick up (like the dessert baking mixes or the frozen products, I'd LOVE to know what you think of them! PLEASE send me an email or a comment on this post to let me know what you tried and what you thought of it!

THE BEST thing about these great products SO FAR, quite simply is the GREAT prices (and the fact, I'm pretty sure they are name-brand items just re-branded by ALDI.) Below I've listed what I paid for each product. These products are at least half the price if not 1/3 less expensive than what you would pay in any other grocery store for gluten-free products.

Gluten-Free Penne Pasta (like Heartland brand) $1.29 (10-12 servings) for 16 ounces

Gluten-Free Multigrain Snack Crackers (like Crunchmaster) for $1.49 for 4.25 ounces

Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix for $2.99 for 16.5 ounces (makes 1 large pizza)


Gluten-Free Baking Mix (like Gluten-Free Bisquick) for $2.99 for 16 ounces

Gluten-Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar Cheese Mix (Like Kraft Mac & Cheese) for $1.49 for 6 ounces

Gluten-Free Rosemary & Olive Oil Multigrain Snack Crackers (like CRUNCHMASTER brand) for $1.49 for 4.25 ounces



GLG Disclosure: 
I purchased these gluten-free products from ALDI on my own dime because I wanted to try them out. I was not compensated or given free product by ALDI grocery stores or asked to do a review.  
The opinions and photography in this post are completely my own.

Pin It!