Monday, May 5, 2014

Country Church Photography: St. Johns Free Will Baptist - Goldsboro, NC



One of the little things I love in life is small country churches. I grew up in a small church and I have a lot of fond memories of running around on the big lawn and church suppers and vacation bible school!  This post begins a series I hope to continue of sharing photography of some of the small country churches I find on our travels in and around eastern North Carolina.

This lovely little white-washed church is St. John Free Will Baptist on NC Hwy 111 S. I asked Michael to stop as we were on our way to one of our favorite state parks Cliffs of the Neuse, located several miles outside of Goldsboro, NC.


The day was so beautiful and bright that the church was nearly washed out in the photography, but as with many things I like the imperfection of the pictures. I love the yellow flowers in the wreath on the door and the way the red brick of the addition pops over the green grounds and next to the white chapel.



Lovely, lovely place!


Pin It!