(Let's try this again spelling "ArUgula" correctly! lol)
When the weather gets warmer I really love sandwiches too... along with more veggie-based meals. Salads, raw veggies, and veggie sandwiches.
My favorite gluten-free veggie burgers are Sunshine Burgers. They are gluten-free, vegan, and soy-free as well. They are based from brown rice and carrots with different herbs and seasonings. My favorite is the Garden burger.
Another favorite sandwich ingredient lately has been Rudi's Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread. It's a newly formulated recipe which is softer than their previous frozen breads. It's delicious and truly tastes like the "whole wheat" bread I remember! It was perfect for these sandwiches...
So here's how we made them:
- Bread: 2 slices Rudi's gluten-free multigrain bread, toasted
- Dressing: Spread with mayo & mustard
- Main Component: Sunshine Burgers Garden Burger, pan-grilled
- "Cheese": Daiya mozzarella, melted
- Additional Fillings: Arugula, broccoli sprouts, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado
What would you add to your veggie burger?