Thursday, February 14, 2013

Enough, 100 Words


I found this writing prompt through the blog "LouCeel" today and I was intrigued and challenged! It's a weekly writing challenge that is prompted by simply one word. This week's word is: enough.

While I love to cook and bake... I feel like my real gift is writing. And sometimes it's just fun to use a creative prompt to get the "literary juices" flowing.  So here is my entry for this week's 100 Words.

Enough:  
He’s been there 12 years.  Through 11 “ Saint Valentine’s Days.”  In the beginning I needed reminders. I needed the reassurance, flowers, and chocolate.

There were years he forgot. No flowers at work… oh the fury of scorned women.

Expectations were unmet, I didn’t  feel loved, respected. Pouted for days.
Silly, now. 
I wake up to him nudging me.  Turn off the alarm. Cats purring.  His warm smile. We’ve made it. There’s no actual NEED for schmaltzy gifts.

Staring at those beautiful dark brown eyes who have always loved me back, it’s all I need. So much more than enough.

Happy St. Valentine's Day M! 


To read more entries from the "100 Word Challenge" please visit this weeks' edition at Velvet Verbosity


Pin It!