Monday, September 24, 2012

This Week's Menu -- Pantry Slow Cooking


Pantry week! Simple foods, tons of slow cooked recipes, that's what on the menu this week!

This Week's Menu: 

  • Sunday -- Kale and Bacon Quiche -- we tried this recipe and it was delicious! We may have added lots more bacon than called for. 
  • Monday -- Chicken & Rice Soup (from the cookbook
  • Tuesday -- Slow Cooker Cube Steak with sweet potatoes and green beans
  • Wednesday -- Chicken Paprikash (from the cookbook) with sauteed kale and carrots
  • Thursday -- sandwich night or out to eat (errands night!) 
  • Friday -- Homemade Pizza or Ground Beef Taco Salads
  • Saturday -- Beef Roast or a Roast Chicken (definitely putting the slow cooker to good use!) with mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed broccoli
If I have time... 
  • I've been wanting for weeks to make this green soup again... it's comforting and warm and just a great fall soup using fresh greens. 
  • Soup, soup, soup... maybe it's because I've been feeling off this week... I would love to make a batch of Congee (A simple rice porridge) -- which can also be found in the new cookbook! Meanwhile you can make Gluten Free Gobsmacked's recipe
  • Debating on a few recipes to try from three cookbooks I'm reviewing in the next few weeks (possible giveaways! hint!!) I'm having such a hard time figuring out what I want to make! The cookbooks? Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen's Nourishing Meals, Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook, and Tammy Credicott's Paleo Indulgences! Have you tried recipes from any of these?? Let me know!
Pin It!