Maya is our mostly gluten free kitty. This girl needs her protein. (She's a lot like her
Maya also hates my alarm clock. If I hit the snooze too long, or don't hear it going off.. she gets near the top of my head, roots around my head, finds a good patch of hair and tugs on it hard to wake me up. Thanks Maya.
In other news... we're in the midst of a very busy time... cookbook writing is in full swing and I'm in the thick of it. Through the end of February, the blog will continue to be on the back burner unfortunately. I hope you don't mind.
But I am trying to get back in the habit of weekly menus... life sure goes more smoothly for me when we have a menu plan in place. And I think Michael is actually getting sick of cereal nights (maybe a blessing in disguise?)
This Week's Menu:
- Monday -- Cheryl's sniffle stew (with something in place of the chickpeas, but I'm not sure what yet... maybe ground chicken meatballs or something)
- Tuesday -- Meatloaf stuffed green peppers (will be in The Everything Gluten Free Slow Cooker Cookbook, coming October 2012) with a salad and slow cooker au gratin potatoes for Michael
- Wednesday -- Thai Chicken Wraps (I'll probably just make this a salad)
- Thursday -- Gluten Free "Spaghetti" and Meatballs... I will either use spaghetti squash or "Miracle Noodles" (Anybody tried them? I've heard rave reviews!)
- Friday -- Sauteed chicken & veggies -- not sure of the seasonings we'll use yet -- possibly Greek Seasoning, Herbs de Provence, or a very mild mix of Indian spices.
- Saturday -- Taco Salads using ground turkey, taco seasoning, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, olives
- Sunday -- Breakfast for dinner -OR- Leftovers