Thursday, August 25, 2011

yes, I'll have some chocolate with my breakfast...



One of my favorite breakfasts lately is baked oatmeal made in the slow cooker and then topped with a square of 85% dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter.

To make baked oatmeal in the slow cooker simply mix it up as directed in the recipe. Then place the batter in a greased slow cooker insert, I use my 2.5 quart slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours OR cook on low for 4-6 hours -- until the edges of the crust are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

I cut the baked oatmeal into about 5 equal servings and refrigerate them. Then I can take an individual serving to work each day, heat it for a minute or two in the microwave and add the toppings. Easy, delicious, with some healthy protein & chocolate. Because chocolate is healthy you know. It is!


Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. YES! You can absolutely make the baked oatmeal in the slow cooker! If you click through to the original recipe it gives you directions on how! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm convinced! Guess I need to pull out the slow cooker tonight.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about chocolate in my oatmeal yesterday! Great minds think alike. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ignore my last comment. After clicking on the recipe, I see that the original recipe on your blog was made in a baking dish. Next time I'll investigate more before posting an inquiry that was already answered. This just looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lolol EZ - I wondered about that! I thought I had approved it and then it never showed up! I was like "where did it go??"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunters -- YES! Great minds DO think alike, especially when it comes to chocolate! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Chocolate for breakfast!!!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baked oatmeal. Never thought of adding chocolate. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, yummy! We have added chocolate chips to baked oatmeal for years, but it has never looked as beautiful as that! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING CHOCOLATE IN YOUR OATMEAL!! Now I don't feel as if I have to hide in shame...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda & Janelle! Why thank you! LOVE chocolate in oatmeal!

    Trish -- YOU are so funny! LOLOL... NO, YOu DO NOT have to hide in shame ANYMORE!! lolol! Live on Chocolate in oatmeal eaters! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Gingerlemongirl.com. I appreciate your comments, ideas, stories, and feedback!

To send me recipes to try or for gluten free baking help, feel free to email me at gingerlemongirl (at) gmail (dot) com.

Sincerely,
Carrie

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs