I'm actually prepared this week! I was able to work on my menu ahead of time, figure out what I had in the freezer and base our meals on those ingredients! AND I actually had a lot of time to prepare meals for later in the week on Sunday. Which strangely seems like a rare occurence these days.
Goals for the gym this week include 4 workouts (I have no excuse since I prepared meals on Sunday!), two of which will be with my trainer Gabby. Gabby, do you have any idea how sore my quadriceps are from our workout on WEDNESDAY? I still can't sit down without wincing! lol.... I'm assuming this will eventually result in a good thing! :-P
|Mitten had a haircut for the summer... now he looks like a poodle!|
Snacks This Week:
- Raw almonds, Mixed nuts, Boiled eggs, Baby carrots with hummus, Ants on a log (seriously? there's a wikipedia article? lolol), Roasted turkey + avocado + daiya rollups, Almond butter + rice cakes
Lunches This Week:
- Planned Leftovers -or- Eco Planet Hot Cereal + 1 oz. almonds + half a sliced apple
Dinners This Week:
- Sunday - Gluten Free Fish Fry with friends, using Baking Beauties GF Beer Battered Fish Recipe (we're using club soda though) with real homemade fries, coleslaw, and baked beans. GF Carrot Cake for dessert!
|Creole Black-Eyed Peas & Chicken Hot Pot|
- Monday - Creole Black-Eyed Peas & Chicken Hot Pot -- In 1 tbsp. olive oil & 1 tbsp. butter, saute 1 lb. ground chicken with 1/2 chopped onion and 2 stalks chopped celery. Add 1 cup cooked brown rice and 1 (15.5 oz) can black-eyed peas (drained & rinsed) and 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa. Season with 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper and 1 teaspoon creole seasoning salt. Makes 4-6 large servings.
- Tuesday - Easy Crockpot Beef Stew -- Place 1-2 lbs. beef shank bones in crockpot and cover with about 6-7 cups water. Add 1 onion, cut in quarters, 3 whole garlic cloves (not bulbs!), 2 stalks celery roughly chopped, and a handful of baby carrots. Cook on low 6-8 hours -or- on high 4-6 hours. After cooking, take beef shank bones out of the stock, remove meat and add back to stock (toss the bones). Remove cooked veggies from stock & either toss them, or puree them in a blender and return to stock. Add 2-3 freshly chopped potatoes (cut into small cubes), another handful baby carrots, 1 cup frozen peas, and any other veggies & seasonings you would like. Cook on high for 2 hours -or- until veggies are tender. Alllow to cool slightly before serving.
- Wednesday - Baked spaghetti (using gluten free pasta) with a romaine & veggie salad
- Thursday - Cereal Night -- hubs will have his gluteny cereal, I will have a "low carb granola" made from sliced almonds & chopped pecans with fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries + almond milk. (Thanks SO much for the idea Karen T. on the GLG Facebook page!)
- Friday - Girl's Night Out!! Probably a funny chick flick at the movies and a gluten free dinner at Outback!
- Saturday - Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Night!!
Please visit Heather at Celiac Family to see more gluten free weekly menus!
As always, make sure to also stop by I'm an Organizing Junkie to see HUNDREDS of weekly menus of ALL kinds!