It's kind of funny how this week worked out! We have lots of fresh produce, but a SUPER busy week & upcoming weekend... so it's gonna be kind of a crazy week to try and use up all the produce that could spoil before we leave! Our meal proteins this week are ground beef & ground chicken... both from a local farm! I'll be using them basically for one-pot-meals.. that hopefully I can throw together in about 20 minutes when I get home from the gym!
Also my prep work is going to be split up this week because I didn't have enough time to get everything done on Sunday. Last week was a rough week for my meal plan. We didn't follow it well and accordingly the week was harried and rather stressful! I'm determined not to let that happen again this week!
What are you having this week?
Breakfasts: Eco-Planet Hot Cereal + 1 oz. almonds, berry hemp shakes, greek yogurt + 1/4 c. Udi's Original Granola
Snacks: Babybell cheese and/or cheese sticks + fruit (this week strawberries & bananas), 1/4 c. Udi's Granola with almond milk, 1 oz. almonds + fruit, Mary's Sticks & Twigs + 2 tbsp. hummus
Lunches: Leftovers -or- Gluten Freeda Burritos + romaine salad
- Monday: Baked sweet potatoes, black-eyed peas, fresh romaine salad
- Tuesday: Fresh green beans cooked with red potatoes, served with sauteed ground chicken & spinach
- Wednesday: One Pot Meal made using ground beef/ fresh zucchini/ sweet onion/ grape tomatoes
- Thursday: My favorite tuna melts + fresh fruit
- Friday: TRAVELING: so I'm going to make sandwiches to take with us since it will be a late trip along with cheese sticks/ packages of raw almonds/ fresh strawberries/ apple slices
- Saturday: Going to the Charlotte Gluten Free/ Allergen Free Expo!! SO Excited!
Meal Prep Work This Week:
- Sunday: Wash sweet potatoes & place them on foil lined baking sheet, so that hubs can just stick them in the oven when he gets home. Pull out ground chicken & ground beef to defrost in fridge.
- Monday: Make One Pot Meal for Tuesday - Tuesday we'll be running errands & have a gf support group meeting!
- Wednesday: Ask hubs to make double batch of tuna salad for tuna melts on Thursday & sandwiches for our trip on Friday.
- Thursday: Prep all snacks/foods to take on trip Friday evening.
For more gluten free weekly menus, please visit Cheryl Harris at Gluten Free Goodness, this week's theme is "Borrowing Inspiration."
And as always, for literally HUNDREDS of meal plans of ALL sorts, please visit "I'm an Organizing Junkie."