I'm starting to get the hang of this "weekly menu" thing again! And It's been a huge help during the week. With going to the gym 3-4 afternoons a week + our Tuesday & Thursday night activities it can make for a very busy 5 days, and a frustrating 5 days if I don't have our meals planned out.
This week I'm making one of my favorite easy recipes for a quick homemade spaghetti sauce. As a newlywed seven years ago, I found this recipe from Hunts for "Red & Ready" Spaghetti Sauce on the back of a label. It was super easy to make, very cheap, and my husband loved it. A slightly sweet and very simple spaghetti sauce served over your favorite gluten free pasta with a salad on side. This meal can be made in about 15 minutes if you prepare a large salad at the beginning of the week and have it ready to serve! The sauce only takes a few minutes to put together, but if you make it ahead of time, the flavors will really come together and taste fantastic over your pasta when served!
Breakfasts this Week:
- Green Smoothies, Chobani yogurt, apple slices + raw almonds, cheese sticks, larabars
- Planned leftovers from dinner -OR- servings of the large romaine salad w/ sliced almonds + apple slices.
|photo courtesy of Hunts.com|
- Sunday = Angel Food GF Chicken Tenders with steamed broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes
- Monday = "Red & Ready" Spaghetti Sauce served over quinoa pasta with a romaine & carrot salad
- Tuesday = GF Support Group night so quick dinner = PB & J sandwiches w/ apple slices
- Wednesday = Ground Chicken Taco Salads served with "refried" beans (Michael really liked this meal last week and wanted it again!)
- Thursday = Petsmart Volunteer Night = make ahead meal: Pakistani Kima (a simple ground beef curry from a favorite cookbook "More with Less")
- Friday = Thai Chicken Stirfry served over red quinoa
Sunday Night Pre-Week Meal Preparations:
- Boil eggs, chill in ice water, peel & place in baggies to take to take to work
- Make half batch of teff muffins for breakfasts
- Make half batch of "Red & Ready" spaghetti sauce for Monday night's dinner.
- Make large salad for to eat with dinner & lunches
- Make ground chicken taco filling for taco salads on Wednesday along with chopping up tomatoes for topping.
- Make Pakistani Kima for Thursday night
- Slice four apples for snacks throughout the week.
Find more amazing menus this week at OrgJunkie.com AND for a great little round up of gluten free menus, please visit Angela's Kitchen!