"Pantry meal" weeks are common at our house. I like pantry weeks not only because it's a frugal option for us, but it can just make the weekend less stressful because I don't have to go grocery shopping. Generally, my favorite type of shopping is for groceries... but sometimes I just don't feel up to it!
So, as with most pantry weeks, our meals will be very simple. What are you making this week?
Breakfasts: EcoPlanet Gluten Free Oatmeal + 1 oz. almonds, hemp shakes, boiled eggs, yogurt, homemade gluten free granola + almond milk
Snacks: leftover teff muffins, babybell and/or cheesesticks, yogurt, almonds, mary’s sticks & twigs w/ hummus, apple slices w/ almond butter
Lunch - Leftovers and/or spinach & romaine salad
Pantry/Freezer dinners this week:
- Monday - One-pot meal made with cannellini beans, petit-diced tomatoes, fresh spinach & gluten free pasta (although I may leave the pasta out of my portion) -- look for the recipe later this week!
- Tuesday - Grilled Chicken Breasts w/broccoli
- Wednesday - Crockpot Beef Stew w/ carrots, celery, garlic, onions, few potatoes
- Thursday - Angel Food Gluten Free Country Steak w/ green beans & cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes
- Friday - (Easy!) Breakfast for dinner: gluten free pancakes and scrambled eggs
- Saturday - Homemade Gluten Free Lasagna -OR- Ravioli (using this recipe for gluten free pasta) served w/ sauteed zucchini and mushrooms
- Sunday - Easter -- Dinner with Michael’s family (I may make some sort of casserole and/or several side dishes so I have plenty of gluten free options.)
- Make large romaine salad
- Make homemade gf granola
- Grill chicken breasts for Tuesday
- Cube & cook sweet potatoes for Thursday
- Prep ingredients for beef stew to add to crockpot on Wednesday morning.
For a fantastic little round up of gluten free menus this week, please visit Cheryl of Gluten Free Goodness, the menu theme this week is sugar-free.
And for awesome menus of ALL kinds, please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.