I've learned over the past few weeks that my body seems to handle small amounts of white cheeses & greek yogurt very well. I'm thankful for this as it's an additional source of gluten free lean proteins in my diet.
Breakfasts this week:
My nutritionist of awesomeness Cheryl Harris' Millet Cereal, soft-boiled eggs, rice and/or hemp protein shakes. The chocolate shakes, I simply mix the protein with almond milk & a few ice cubes. For the berry shake, I like to make Ashley's Morning Smoothie and just add a few tablespoons of this protein powder. It's delicious!
Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds, Babybell Cheese and/or cheesesticks, greek yogurt, apples, bananas, carrots & hummus, rice and/or hemp protein shakes
Lunches: Dinner leftovers or gluten free sandwiches + apple slices
Dinners: I've got the ingredients for all these dinners this week, so we can pick and choose which dinner we want! Somehow we're eating a lot of turkey this week! lol
- Turkey Burgers on homemade GF buns with green beans, and carrot sticks
- Grilled Halibut? (I think that's the fish I bought?? lol) with broccoli & steamed brown rice or millet
- Mock Chicken Parmesan with Angel Food chicken and spaghetti sauce. Served with green beans or salad and brown rice pasta
- Turkey hotdogs (since I made gf hotdog buns this week!) served with baked beans & homemade coleslaw
- Breakfast for Dinner: scrambled eggs, fruit salad, gluten free toast, turkey bacon
- Friday Homemade Gluten Free Pizza night!
- Easy Tuna Melts using my husband's tuna salad of awesomeness. Served with an easy spinach & mandarin orange salad.
Sunday night preparations for the week:
- Made 2 batches of dough of my honey oat bread. With the first batch I made an actual loaf of bread. After it cooled, I sliced it, wrapped it in plastic wrap, placed it in a ziplock bag and then froze the entire loaf. With the second batch, I made 4 hamburger buns using english muffin rings (or you could use emptied & washed tuna cans) and I made 4 hotdog buns using heavy duty foil shaped into oblong rings (like this great example).
- Placed my frozen fish & frozen turkey burgers in the refrigerator to defrost so they would be ready for cooking any night this week.
- Sliced 4-5 apples and placed them in bags so we could just grab them in the mornings as we headed out the door.
- Prepared the millet cereal & the boiled eggs in my rice cooker and then placed everything in sealed serving containers so I could just grab these items for breakfast as I headed out the door this week.
What's on your menu this week? What have you done to make meals easier to prepare for your family this week?