Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gluten Free "Wafflewiches" by A Girl Who Loves Cupcakes

Today's post is a written by my dear friend Jennifer of A Girl Who Loves Cupcakes. While Jenn isn't gluten free,  I love how she demonstrates how easy peasy it can be to take a "regular" recipe and make it gluten free. Enjoy!



Easy Gluten Free Wafflewich 
from A Girl Who Loves Cupcakes

Hi Everybody! While Carrie is off having fun in Seattle she asked me if I’d be willing to do a guest post. My food blog is my photo journal of my quest to live a healthy life. I don’t actually follow a Gluten Free Diet, but since meeting Carrie I’ve learned SO much about it. I’ve continued to be surprised by all the foods that are secretly harboring gluten! So, when I found this recipe last week in Kraft Food & Family, I got together with Carrie and we realized it could easily be made Gluten Free by just substituting Gluten Free Waffles.



Gluten Free Wafflewich 
by A Girl Who Loves Cupcakes

2 Frozen Gluten Free Waffles likes the ones by Vans or Nature’s Path.
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1 Small Banana, sliced

Directions: 
Prepare waffles as directed on box.
Spread Peanut butter evenly over one waffle and add bananas.
Top with remaining waffle and enjoy!

If you can tolerate dairy, you could also add a thin layer of Nutella for a creamy chocolate hazelnut surprise or make a savory version by using scrambled eggs and bacon instead of the peanut butter and bananas.

So, that’s it! Easy and oh so delicious!!


*************



For Quick Gluten Free Homemade Waffles:
If you want to make your own waffles using the new Gluten Free/Casein Free Master Baking Mix here's a super easy recipe: 

1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar 
3/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 tablespoon oil

Directions:
Turn waffle iron on to warm. In a medium sized bowl or 4 cup measuring cup whisk together 3/4 cup water, eggs, and oil. In another bowl mix together baking mix, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients until fully combined. Mixture may be thicker and a bit lumpier than regular waffle batter, this is okay! Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook as directed for your individual waffle iron. Makes 8 (4 inch) square waffles. Serve immediately or freeze leftovers. 

Pin It!