Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger -- The Good Eatah




I've been meaning to post about The Good Eatah for nearly 3 weeks. Needless to say, I'm a little behind!

I chose "The Good Eatah" for this month's Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger Event (started by Sea, over at Book of Yum) because she has such a great variety of naturally gluten free recipes! The Good Eatah shares her gluten free and dairy free recipes on a regular basis. She also has an adorable dog named Henry, and she's a new aunt!!

There were so many recipes I wanted to try! Her zucchini fritter-tatas, her cranberry walnut bread, her spanish tortilla (I still may have to add this to my menu soon!), her apricot chews, it's endless!

I finally settled on The Good Eatah's German Chocolate Brownies, a creation she entered into a Pamela's products recipe contest!

Why this didn't win first place, I'll never know!

This recipe is based on using a brownie mix (or your favorite brownie recipe) and then adding a german chocolate streudel topping!

Oh. My. Word.

Delicious! These brownies are so yummy! I actually used a mix from Gluten Free Pantry, which I had not tried before, but I'm glad I did. I made them low fat by using only 1/4 cup smart balance oil, and 1/4 cup fat free vanilla yogurt. Even with this change the brownies were amazingly rich and gooey!

I made half the German Chocolate topping with coconut and half without, since Michael doesn't like coconut. Crazy guy.

We both loved these awesome brownies! They are yummy, easy, and impressive! I'm definitely bringing these to our next family get together!

This month's Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger event is being hosted by Rachel at Wheat Free/ Meat Free. Make sure to stop by her site tomorrow to see this month's roundup!






Pin It!