Monday, March 31, 2008

This Week's Menu (3/31 - 4/4)

Gluten Free Menu Swap Monday - Lemons


Oh dear... my favorite citrus fruit of all time, if you hadn't guessed already,
would be the lovely lemon!


Natalie, of Gluten Free Mommy, has chosen lemons as the ingredient of this week for the Gluten Free Menu Swap!

I think I could eat "lemon" something everyday. Whether it's a lemon bread for breakfast, hot tea with lemon, cakes made with lemon, lemon zest in everything, baked chicken with lemon, a lemon vinaigrette for a salad, I even love adding lemon zest and juice to my Dad's Caesar Salad (hmmm... that's a good idea for this week!)

I even made a cake with lemon zest and lemon juice earlier in March for the Daring Baker's Challenge, you can read about that here.





We're trying to be rather frugal on the home front so we are eating simple meals from the pantry this week! Thankfully I have a lemon or two I've just been meaning to use!

Unfortunately, I don't have a cookbook review for you this week! Check back next Monday for another favorite cookbook from my shelf and a recipe!




Yes, I know it's a weed, but I still think it's pretty!



This Week's Menu


Monday
Eric's Lemon Butter Chicken with GF Pasta
Steamed Broccoli
Baked Butternut Squash


Tuesday
Deli Sandwiches made with
Karen's French Bread
Golden Apple Slices


Wednesday
Natalie's Pizza
Dad's Caesar Salad



Thursday
Lea's Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Sour Cream Cornbread


Friday
Asian Veggie Stirfry
with Fried Rice


Baked Goods and Breakfasts
Sheltie Girl's Lemon Chia Seed Bread
Pumpkin Walnut Breakfast Bars (*recipe coming soon!)
Lea's White Chocolate Cake



Pin It!