Monday, February 18, 2008

This Week's Menu (Feb 18th - 22nd)



We had a wonderful Valentine's Day last week and we actually celebrated all weekend long!! Michael took me out to dinner on Friday night. He took me to Carrabba's. He did his homework and called the restaurant beforehand. He made sure the staff knew that I was gluten free and he wanted them to be prepared when we came in.

I cannot tell you how wonderful the staff at Carrabba's was. The waiter was knowledgeable about every gluten free menu item and he took the time to prepare most of my meal himself to reassure that it was indeed gluten free. The waiter even took the time toast up my gluten free bread (that I had brought in), so I could dip it in the oil and seasonings! The grilled salmon that I ordered was the best that I have EVER had. I have never been treated so well in a restaurant before, and we'll definitely be patronizing Carrabba's more often!




Michael, concentrating hard on transforming my cousin Hunter's Transformer.


I can't believe that February is passing by so quickly as we are already in the 3rd week of the month!! Our menu this week includes some old favorites and some new recipes that I would like to try. If they work well, I will post them later in the week! Also, make sure to check back tomorrow for the February edition of the Gluten Free Grill! We have a great interview planned along with a fantastic recipe for your Chinese food cravings!!



Gluten Free Menu Swap Monday - Butternut Squash


Well, I have to admit that I had not planned on making butternut squash this week, but I think I will try to squeeze it into the menu when I make grilled salmon!

Karen, of Gluten Free Sox is hosting this week's Gluten Free Menu Swap, so make sure to swing by her new blog home at Wordpress! It's a great looking site Karen! Good Job!




This Week's Menu:


Monday:
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Lean Turkey Sausage


Tuesday:
Grilled Salmon with Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
Roasted Butternut Squash
Mandarin Orange and Almond Salad


Wednesday:
Tuscan Potato, Kale, and Sausage Soup
(Zuppa Toscana)
with
Quick GF Cheddar Biscuits


Thursday:
Homemade Caesar Salad
Baked Potatoes


Friday:
Karen's Fabulous GF Pizza
Mixed Salad



Breakfasts and Baked Goods:
Real Southern Banana Pudding
Sara's Baked Oatmeal
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Best Sandwich Bread





My Monday "Auntie" Brag... this is Emma... she wasn't thrilled at this moment (she just woke up), but she's a doll with the most beautiful blue eyes you have ever seen.
And she is quite a daddy's girl!


**********


Be sure to check back in tomorrow to see February's Gluten Free Grill, and a great recipe for cheddar biscuits (similar to Red Lobster's) later this week.



Pin It!