Gluten-Free Menus This Week:
- Ms. GF (from Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life) has a warm and tasty menu this week! A few of things she'll be making: Rustic Chicken Soup, and her favorite Roast Beef (I really need to learn how to make a good roast!!)
- Mary Frances (from Gluten-Free Cooking School) has a superb vegetarian menu for this week including tantalizing dishes such as Sweet Potato Peanut Stew (perfect for this autumn weather!) and Cheese Tortellini with Tomato Bechamel sauce (we all can't wait for that post on your bechamel sauce Mary Frances!)
- Sea (over at Book of Yum) has an incredible menu of International meals for this week including: Vegetarian Ma Bo Do Fu (Chili Tofu Dish), Vegetable Pakora, and is making a delicious roasted broccoli salad! I love how vibrant your menu sounds Sea!
- Natalie (over at Gluten-Free Mommy) has a spicy hot menu this week! She'll be serving up Vegetarian Chipolte Chili, Southwest Mac and Cheese, and making Cornish Hens! Yum!! Natalie also has some GREAT information on how to shop for and cook using this week's ingredient: broccoli.
- Karen (over at Gluten-Free Sox...Way to go Boys!!) has a super gourmet menu planned this week! She'll be making homemade cheese tortellini (I'm always in awe of Karen's GF pasta making skills), a Prosciutto and Cheese Quiche, and she's going to post her GF Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake! (We can't wait for that Karen!!)
My meals for this week aren't as exciting as the other GF "carte du jours" I've seen so far! Michael and I just got back from a weekend trip, so this week's menu is somewhat carried over from last week, but there will be a few interesting recipes to catch throughout the next few days! Just do yourself a favor the next time you visit your great-grandma's -- don't leave your brand new digital camera behind and not realize it until you've already traveled the 4 hours back home! PS... Abby did you see us waving at you as we passed through Winston Salem!
By the way, Abby has an awesome, naturally gluten-free, cream of broccoli soup posted this week! YUM!
A gorgeous rainbow after finally getting a great day of rain last week!
Michael took this from the back yard.
Beef Pot Roast
(SM and I are on the same wave length this week!)
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
Green Leaf Salad
Beef Pot Pie with a GF pie crust
GF Pasta with
Homemade Marinara Sauce
Green Leaf Salad
FINALLY dinner out! Pheww... no cooking for me tonight!
Baked Goodies this Week:
5 Flour Yeast Bread
Cranberry Swirl Cake
GF Buttermilk Biscuits
Date Pinwheel Cookies
THIS WEEK, I WILL BE PREPARING FOR THE BIG INTERVIEW WITH OUR FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE GIRL, SHAUNA JAMES AHERN! I NEED YOUR HELP! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT SHAUNA, OR HER BOOK THAT YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED IN THE INTERVIEW, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: gingerlemon_girl(at)yahoo(dot)com.
I WILL INCLUDE AS MANY QUESTIONS AS POSSIBLE IN THE INTERVIEW! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!