Monday, May 21, 2012

Gluten Free Weekly Menu -- Chocolate Chip Cookies


So I just read over at Celiac Family that the theme for this week's Gluten Free Menu Swap is CHOCOLATE.. uhh... I think I can handle that... how many ways can I add chocolate to this week's menu? :-P

Since chocolate is the menu theme, it gives me a perfect excuse to make a batch of Michael's favorite chocolate chip cookies. I might even make a batch of almond flour chocolate chip scones from The Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam. Hmm... what else could I do? I think I might make a quick 20 minute chili and add a little cocoa to the spices... cocoa and chili is such a crazy good combination!

This Week's Menu 5/20-5/26: 
  • Sunday -- Sandwich night using Udi's bread, we weren't too hungry after a large breakfast/lunch 
  • Monday -- Pan-grilled steaks with mushrooms and served over wilted spinach with cooked apples on the side
  • Tuesday -- Barbecue chicken, quartered red potatoes, and green beans 
  • Wednesday -- Ground turkey & zucchini one pot meal 
  • Thursday -- Southwestern Salmon Burgers from "The Almond Flour Cookbook" pg. 53 by Elana Amsterdam w/ salad and/or sweet potato fries -OR- breakfast for dinner 
  • Friday -- Quick gluten free pizza & salad
  • Saturday -- A quick 20 minute chili recipe with added cocoa powder... I'll share the recipe soon if it turns out well! 


Make sure to check out more gluten free menus with the Gluten Free Menu Swap! This week hosted by Heather of Celiac Family. You can also get hundreds of menu ideas with the weekly menu share at OrgJunkie.com.


Stella & Dot Anabel Necklace -- my exercise goal reward this month!!

Exercise Plan 5/20 - 5/26: 
The plan I'm doing this month is to walk 28 miles total using Leslie Sansone walking DVD's. They are more challenging than they sound! Trust me! I already have 19 miles total so far this month! SO my goal for this week is 8 miles throughout the week. At the end of the month if I meet my goal, I'm going to treat myself to a piece of Stella & Dot jewelry. My friend Clara is now an independent stylist with Stella & Dot and I hope I can slowly build up a collection of pretty accessories as I meet my workout goals! 


GLG Disclosure: 
The Stella & Dot links above go directly to an online trunk show hosted by myself and my Stella & Dot Independent Stylist -- Ms. Clara Ogren. If jewelry is purchased via those links I will receive a small credit towards a "trunk show" gift and Ms. Ogren will receive a small commission. 
The opinions regarding Stella & Dot jewelry are my own and I did not receive compensation for this post. 

Pin It!