Thursday, August 25, 2011

yes, I'll have some chocolate with my breakfast...



One of my favorite breakfasts lately is baked oatmeal made in the slow cooker and then topped with a square of 85% dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter.

To make baked oatmeal in the slow cooker simply mix it up as directed in the recipe. Then place the batter in a greased slow cooker insert, I use my 2.5 quart slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours OR cook on low for 4-6 hours -- until the edges of the crust are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

I cut the baked oatmeal into about 5 equal servings and refrigerate them. Then I can take an individual serving to work each day, heat it for a minute or two in the microwave and add the toppings. Easy, delicious, with some healthy protein & chocolate. Because chocolate is healthy you know. It is!


Pin It!