Thursday, January 31, 2008

Elizabeth Barbone's Easy Gluten Free Sandwich Bread Recipe




**Note: I have updated & edited this post to contain the correct link for Elizabeth's bread recipe! Enjoy! -- cf **

Elizabeth Barbone recently shared her original recipe for Easy Gluten Free Sandwich Bread.

This bread is delicious, easy, and excellent for sandwiches, toasting ect! I've made this bread 4 times (that I can count) and every time it has been a success!

I've made the bread with a combination of my own favorite flours: brown rice, millet, and sorghum. Because the dough is a bit heavier than Elizabeth's it does sink a bit upon cooling as you can see in my top photo... but it's still a great bread.

This bread recipe is perfect for beginner gluten free bakers because the ingredient list is small and it's super easy to whip together. Elizabeth has also recently updated the recipe to include dairy free substitutions making it great for gluten free/casein free baking! 



Elizabeth's excellent and simple baking directions also make this one of the best gluten free loaf breads I have ever made! I LOVE this bread and I'll be making it often in the future!

Happy Bread Baking!
Pin It!