Yet... it's time to head back to work tomorrow and life as "normal." Although, I was pretty okay with "life as normal" being traveling, eating delicious foods somebody else prepared, and pretending I didn't own an alarm clock. :-)
But as much as I love vacation, it's time to get back into a daily routine. And I know full well that overall I function much better on a routine.
So to jump right back into a routine I'll start with our weekly menu.
This Week's Menu:
- Monday: Hawaiian Chicken (pg. 174 from the new cookbook!) with steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes
- Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner -- scrambled eggs, fruit salad, some sort of vegetables...
- Wednesday: Leftover vegetable beef stew, from the freezer
- Thursday: Asian-Inspired Turkey Breasts (pg. 210 from the new cookbook) with almond green beans and steamed carrots
- Friday: Homemade taco salad night!! Using leftover ground beef & lentil taco filling from the freezer!
- Sunday: sandwich night while I prepare a few meals for the next week!
Breakfasts: mini omelets, soaked oats
Lunches: leftovers or turkey sandwiches with homemade applesauce (pg. 48 from the new cookbook!)