5 Super Easy and Quick Naturally Gluten Free Meals
People are always asking me how to get creative and delicious dinners on the table quickly. Busy stay-at-home moms, working parents, professional singles… it seems like no matter the family situation the question, “What’s for Dinner” can cause panic and frustration, especially when you have food intolerances.
The best way to have healthy, fast meals at home is to have a template for 5-10 easy recipes that your family could prepare any night of the week. Print this list of recipes, place in a plastic sheet protector and place on your refrigerator. Most of these recipes contain pantry and freezer staples and can be made any night of the week. Change them up by using the meat your prefer and switching up the vegetables or seasonings.
- Breakfast for Dinner – (Our absolute favorite) Make scrambled eggs, bacon or turkey bacon and serve with sliced apples or canned fruit salad.
- Quick Chicken Stirfry – Cut up two large chicken breasts, sauté in a pan with a little olive oil, a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, and serve over ready-made rice like Uncle Ben’s.
- Ground Beef or Turkey Hash – (A favorite at our house) Brown 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey. Dice 2-3 yellow squash or zucchini, along with 1 chopped onion. Add to ground beef and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender. To flavor add 1 tbsp. herbs de provence, greek seasoning, or gluten free taco seasoning! For even more variation add 2 finely diced sweet potatoes when cooking the zucchini, cook until fork tender.
- Zucchini or corn tortilla pizzas – Thinly cut zucchini lengthwise into 5-6 slices or use corn tortillas as a base for pizzas. Add tomato sauce and your favorite toppings and place under your broiler for about 5 minutes. Make easy variations by using taco meat filling or even scrambled eggs and sausage as pizza toppings.
- Tuna Salad Melts – Drain two small cans of tuna. Mix with 3 tbsp. mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. mustard, 2 tbsp. pickle relish, salt & pepper. Toast 2 slices gluten free bread, add several tbsp. tuna salad on each, top with favorite cheese or avocado slices (for dairy free).
|In July 2010, I did an entire series featuring 20+ GF bloggers and their fav quick and easy meals!|
More quick & easy gluten free meal recipes on my blog:
Gluten Free Quick & Easy Meals
Reader’s Tip of the Day:
"Don't ever, I mean ever, use an ingredient you know you don't like just because it's in the recipe. That is the most likely way to waste your time, your money, and your creative energy." – Pamela M., author of Aseafish Out of Water
Please visit each topic in "10 Days of Gluten Free"
From: May 7th - May 18th
- Getting Started - Linda @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Resources – Wendy @ Celiacs in the House
- Traveling – Karen @ Gluten-Free Travel Blog
- Eating Out – Heather @ Gluten-Free Cat
- Frugal Tips – Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- Baking – Jules @ Jules Gluten Free
- Kids – Lynn @ Lynn’s Recipe Adventures
- Lunch Boxes – Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Shopping – Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
10 Days Gluten Free GIVEAWAY!
Included with this awesome series is a giveaway on each blog once the two weeks are over! I will be giving away a brand new copy of Carol Fenster's cookbook, "100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes." This is one of my FAVORITE gluten free cookbooks with an awesome collection of Carol's absolute best recipes.
The Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
- This giveaway is limited to U.S. residents 18 and older.
- You are allowed one entry per "10 Days of Gluten Free" blog post for a total of 10 entries on this blog.
- Enter by leaving a comment (WITH an email address to contact you) on this post (and other 10 Days of GF posts).
- The giveaway begins May 7, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm eastern time on May 18, 2012.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
- The winner will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen